Plugin update issues or errors
List of possible update errors and how to resolve them
There are a few possible error messages the WordPress updater can throw:
- An error occurred while updating Ajax Search Pro: Update package not available.
There could be several reasons why the automatic update fails. Below is the list of possible reasons.
- Server cache settings which cause the old package return from the server temporary folder. This can be very hard to debug, the best choice is to update manually.
- You may have a proxy server or a firewall active, make sure to whitelist the plugin update server: update.wp-dreams.com
- Trying to update on a multi-site network while you are just a node and doesn’t have the administrator permission.
- The file/folder permission issue.
- Plugin conflict. Try deactivating all the plugins and then try updating.
- Missing Remote Get function or cURL package for PHP. In this case, contact your service provider.